Ecco le mie soluzioni.
Usa la sezione per i commenti in fondo a questa pagina solamente se ti resta un dubbio o per controllare una versione alternativa o se hai bisogno di qualche spiegazione.
1) Have you taken into consideration the average age of the candidates?
2) If there hadn’t been so many problems, we would have joined you for dinner.
3) We weren’t allowed to just go in and out as we pleased.
4) I would have liked them to stay a little longer.
5) I would have expected him to call me immediately.
6) We’ll have to find another way [of getting in/to get in], that’s all.
7) I didn’t get much done yesterday and I’ll have to carry on today.
8) Bob didn’t intend to do anything until the prices came back down again.
9) Seeing all that food made him even hungrier.
10) I wasn’t [actually/really] referring to anyone in particular.
11) How long do you think it will take him to get the hang of it?
12) I think anyone would probably have tried to do the same thing.
13) None of this will even begin to make me change my mind.
14) They would [just/only] have told us to get in the queue and wait.
15) I don’t think Anne has realized yet how serious the situation is.
16) It would be better to get him out of here and find him a taxi.
17) I wouldn’t [want/like] them to think we aren’t grateful for what they’ve done.
18) If you can’t do it, you’ll have to get someone to help you.
19) Bob has been [struggling/fighting] with that crossword for at least two days.
20) I’ve never really noticed how dangerous this bridge is.
21) I’ve seen this film more times than I can remember.
22) I knew I’d already been there because I recognised the wallpaper.
23) It’s going to take much longer than we originally thought.
24) Nobody seemed to be interested in what the guide was saying.
25) If you haven’t done these exercises yet, you should do them as soon as possible.
26) Tom couldn’t find a way [to tell/of telling] him what had happened.
27) Bob didn’t want anything other than to get his old job back.
28) They would almost certainly have missed the train if they had waited for us.
29) I don’t suppose any of them [have/has] ever been inside a mine.
30) Haven’t you taken the plastic wrapping off your tablet yet?
31) I won’t be able to do it as quickly as the [other/last] time.
32) We should be back long before any of the others get here.
33) Yesterday’s sentence turned out to be more complicated than I had imagined.
34) I didn’t really feel like stopping them from playing.