Ecco le mie soluzioni.
Usa la sezione per i commenti in fondo a questa pagina solamente se ti resta un dubbio o per controllare una versione alternativa o se hai bisogno di qualche spiegazione.
1) Tom has always avoided doing anything that [might/could] get his hands dirty.
2) They kept telling us that nothing bad was going to happen.
3) I’ll see what I can do when I’ve [gathered/collected] all the information.
4) Has anyone seen the green pen (that) I wrote it with?
5) What’s the name of that man (who/that) you were talking to?
6) He’s just been wasting time since he was taken on.
7) Bob hadn’t finished telling his story and got really annoyed.
8) The woman (who was) driving the car [managed/was able] to get out before the explosion.
9) How many times have I told you how much time she needs?
10) Make sure Tom brings the car back here as soon as he has finished.
11) Neil couldn’t understand how Rex had managed to get out through such a small hole.
12) I think yesterday’s sentence was a bit too ambiguous to translate well.
13) Whatever he said, it was clear (that) they wouldn’t believe him.
14) It isn’t what we were expecting but we’ll just have to be patient, I suppose.
15) Twisting it like that won’t help to make it work.
16) Neil should [give up/stop] smoking and [take up/start] cycling, like Paolo.
17) I want you all to come back before it gets dark.
18) The last thing we need right now is people complaining about the food.
19) Do you think (that) writing to the manager could help to resolve the situation?
20) Neil doesn’t work here anymore. He left a long time ago.
21) Things have got a bit complicated since Nestlé took over the company.
22) I couldn’t see any good reason to stay there any longer.
23) Since the last concert Tom has been getting on much better with the whole group.