Ecco le mie soluzioni.
Usa la sezione per i commenti in fondo a questa pagina solamente se ti resta un dubbio o per controllare una versione alternativa o se hai bisogno di qualche spiegazione.
1) We haven’t got enough [proof/evidence] to accuse him of stealing the documents.
2) The strange thing was that nobody seemed to know what was going to happen next.
3) Alan didn’t even try to keep up with the others during the race.
4) I was more interested in listening to what Tom’s teacher had to say.
5) What do you think you’ll do if there are no more free seats in the front row?
6) How many times do I have to tell you not to wear those shoes in the house?
7) They should have warned us not to switch them on at the same time.
8) I’ve [stopped/given up] trying to explain such obvious things to Tom.
9) I saw Lucy when she stopped to look at the shop window.
10) I haven’t had to answer any phone calls so far.
11) Why don’t you wait until they’ve all gone before asking?
12) I got so confused listening to so many different theories.
13) Alan hadn’t come to any conclusion about his future yet.
14) Getting in was easier than any of us had imagined.
15) Did anyone hear what that man just said?
16) None of us had ever seen Neil [look/looking] so serious before.
17) I forgot to call Jack this morning. I’ll do it now.
18) I found out as much as I could about the company before applying for the job.
19) What kind of answer would you have given in such an embarrassing situation?
20) Clare’s notice had been torn [up/to pieces] and thrown on the floor.
21) Why haven’t you told him about the take-away service yet?
22) Has anyone here ever actually tried to find a better solution?
23) Have you ever wondered how much of what they tell us is the real truth?
24) Lucy knew she had seen him somewhere but couldn’t remember where.
25) Bob’s crazy old uncle must have told everybody by now.
26) The dog didn’t seem to belong to any of the tourists on the beach.
27) It [looks/seems] as if they’ve been there forever.
28) Why didn’t you tell us you weren’t interested in coming with us?
29) I’ve never really been able to understand his explanations.
30) It will take much longer than the last time to get everything done.
31) It can’t have been Tom. He hasn’t been here for [more than/over] a week.
32) Haven’t you ever asked anybody to help you to put everything back in its place?
33) We’ll be here forever if they don’t [get a move on/hurry up].
34) He was lying in the sun with a mojito the last time I saw him.
35) He didn’t know what effect his arrival would have on the others.
36) Try to get as much information from him as you can.
37) I’ll give them back to you as soon as I’ve listened to them all.