Ecco le mie soluzioni.
Usa la sezione per i commenti in fondo a questa pagina solamente se ti resta un dubbio o per controllare una versione alternativa o se hai bisogno di qualche spiegazione.
1) It would do you a lot of good to have a break from work for a while.
2) What I really need to know is [whether/if] they are coming tomorrow or not.
3) I can’t decide whether to have the lobster or the swordfish.
4) [If only/I wish] he would let me know what he really wants.
5) I don’t think I ever missed a single episode that year.
6) I wish he would stop [poking/sticking] his nose into everything I do.
7) Tom has finally decided to take them all to the local dump tomorrow.
8) They must have given it to him when no one was looking.
9) It has taken a huge effort on everyone’s part to get where we are today.
10) He’s already forgotten everything I taught him.
11) I stopped for a few minutes to look at the view.
12) I’ve stopped trying to tell him what to do every time he makes a mistake.
13) It will take more than just a few strong men to stop them.
14) We’ll need to hear everyone’s opinion before [starting/we start].
15) You’ll just have to take courage and face the consequences.
16) He made sure everyone was listening before starting to speak.
17) If no one comes back for this umbrella, I’ll keep it for myself.
18) If I played as often as you, I’d be much better by now.
19) We kept Bob’s story to ourselves for as long as possible.
20) All I really need to know is what happened to them.
21) Neil had never had to work so hard before that day.
22) You wouldn’t believe how difficult it was to get all this ready yesterday.
23) I got into trouble with the caretaker the last time I came here.
24) I’ve been looking for one of these everywhere. Where did you find it?
25) I can’t remember what he wanted us to do with the leftover paint.
26) [I didn’t think he had any/I thought he had no] chance of winning this time.
27) You can’t expect us all to be as good as you immediately.
28) Did you see what that boy just did?
29) I was afraid nobody would understand what I was trying to say.
30) You’d better [sort out/resolve] your problems with [your/the] landlady first.
31) I’ll never get all this done before lunch unless you help me.
32) I’m dreaming of a golden beach, like the one we used to go to as children.
33) I just wanted to know which of the two priests you were talking about.
34) The more I find out about it, the [more frightening/scarier] it gets.
35) I can’t get out of tomorrow’s dinner without a good excuse.
36) Tom was in such a bad mood that we decided to go to the cinema on our own.
37) It wasn’t exactly the most pleasant thing I’ve ever had to do.
38) Stop! I think he was trying to warn us about some problem up ahead.
39) There’s only one tree we’ve been allowed to pick the lemons from.
40) Pick that wrapper up immediately and put it in the bin.
41) He insisted on telling me the whole story even though I’d already heard it.
42) The longer you ignore him, the more he’ll insist.
43) I think you’ve already given him all the help he deserves.
44) Alan’s younger brother always manages to get into trouble.
45) The others won’t be able to get in unless Jack gets there first.
46) I prefer people to knock before coming in.
47) I just wanted to know who they were trying to get away from.
48) Normally I wouldn’t even consider the idea of asking him.