Ecco le mie soluzioni.
Usa la sezione per i commenti in fondo a questa pagina solamente se ti resta un dubbio o per controllare una versione alternativa o se hai bisogno di qualche spiegazione.
1) The ones I liked (the) most were the ones in the second room.
2) I guess you’re going to tell me to stop wasting time and to do something useful.
3) Nobody has ever been able to explain it to me.
4) I don’t know what he’s going to do now but I’ll find out as soon as possible.
5) Nothing could have pleased me more, believe me.
6) Nobody was allowed to leave the table until everyone had finished.
7) Did you actually see him break the window or did you just hear the noise?
8) I went there once but I’ve never been back there again.
9) Did you have to break the lock to get in?
10) I was just wondering why she has never told us anything about her past.
11) Neil will have a lot to worry about as soon as this article is published.
12) After a while there was nothing left to talk about.
13) We waited there until the last runner had crossed the finish line.
14) I sometimes wonder if it’s really worth all the effort.
15) I haven’t had to explain anything to anyone so far.
16) It has been quite a useful experience but we’re going back home tomorrow.
17) Come back here at once! I haven’t finished talking yet!
18) Jack hasn’t [been/come] here since he broke up with his girlfriend.
19) I’ll never believe anything Tom says ever again.
20) I wonder how long it’ll take them to fix it.
21) I wish Kate hadn’t told them who I borrowed the money from.
22) Always remember to take it with you wherever you go.
23) Nobody could have been as surprised as [us/we were] to hear about his prize.
24) That girl in the third row on the right reminds me of Lucy.
25) How did you manage to get rid of the stains in the bottom left-hand corner?
26) [Never/Don’t ever] ask me that question again!
27) I didn’t expect so many people to show up so quickly.
28) You’ll have to [come up with/invent] a good excuse to [leave/get away] [earlier/before].
29) It didn’t grow much until Bob moved it to the other side of the house.
30) Whatever you need, just call and I’ll get it for you.
31) Luckily the fall hardly hurt me at all.
32) I’ve seen her wandering around here on several occasions lately.
33) He wouldn’t have asked me for money if he hadn’t really needed it.
34) I don’t know how the hell he managed to get out without being seen.
35) How can a thing like this happen without anybody realising?
36) Sometimes things seem more complicated than they actually are.
37) I’m fed up with waiting for them to agree with all our decisions.
38) Giving him all that money may not have been such a brilliant idea.
39) I wouldn’t want them to think that Kate did it on purpose.
40) I’m trying to think of something encouraging to say before he leaves.
41) I had the car washed just before Tom and Kate got married.
42) I wouldn’t have known anything about it if I hadn’t bumped into Bob a few days before.
43) I’d like you to wait here until the last visitors have left.
44) I’ve never had so much fun at any of Jack’s parties.
45) I’m sure you’ll all soon get used to the new system.