Bisogna completare la seconda frase in modo che fornisce esattamente la stessa informazione della prima frase utilizzando un massimo diTREparole.
Se lavori dal PC (scelta consigliata) puoi controllare le tue risposte fermando il cursore del mouse sullo spazio nella seconda fraseSENZAcliccare. Se lavori da smartphone o tablet puoi consultare le soluzioni in fondo alla pagina (meno comodo).
1) We have a new swimming pool in our town.
There __________ a new swimming pool in our town.
2) The new pool opened five days ago.
The new pool has been open __________ five days.
3) The old swimming pool wasn’t as big as the new one.
The new swimming pool is __________ the old one.
4) The new pool is closed on Wednesday mornings.
The new pool isn’t __________ on Wednesday mornings.
5) Young children are not allowed to go in the deep end.
Young children must __________ in the deep end.
6) This is the first time I’ve been to the new pool.
I __________ been to the new pool before.
7) I went to the old pool every week.
I used __________ to the old pool every week.
8) My old swimming costume isn’t big enough for me.
My old swimming costume is too __________ for me.
9) I borrowed a swimming costume from my friend.
My friend __________ a swimming costume.
10) We stayed in the pool for two hours.
We __________ two hours in the pool.
11) The Royal Cinema is near my house.
The Royal Cinema is not __________ my house.
12) The cinema has eight screens.
There __________ eight screens in the cinema .
13) I go there every Sunday with my friend.
I go there __________ Sundays with my friend.
14) We pay £6 each for the tickets.
The tickets __________ £6 each.
15) Last week my sister said she wanted to come with us.
Last week my sister said, “I __________ come with you.”
16) My brother is too young to come with us.
My brother isn’t __________ to come with us.
17) The film was so long that I fell asleep.
It was such __________ that I fell asleep.
18) I found the film boring.
I was __________ by the film.
19) The title of the film was Barry Lyndon.
The film was __________ Barry Lyndon.
20) My sister said it was the worst film she’d ever seen.
My sister said, “__________ the worst film I’ve ever seen.”
21) My friend and I took the bus to town last week.
My friend and I went to town __________ last week.
22) My friend forgot to bring her purse.
My friend didn’t __________ bring her purse.
23) She asked me how much money I had in my purse.
She asked me,”How much money __________ in your purse?”
24) First we went into a shop called The Blue Banana.
First we went into a shop __________ name was The Blue Banana.
25) We couldn’t afford the clothes in The Blue Banana.
The clothes in The Blue Banana were __________ for us.
26) We bought nothing in The Blue Banana.
We didn’t __________ in The Blue Banana.
27) The shop next door is owned by my mother’s friend.
My mother’s friend __________ the shop next door.
28) Although she showed me lots of clothes, I couldn’t choose.
She showed me lots of clothes __________ I couldn’t choose.
29) We said, “If we don’t hurry, we’ll miss the bus”.
We said, “Unless __________ we’ll miss the bus”.
30) We had such a tiring day we fell asleep on the bus.
We were so __________ we fell asleep on the bus.
31) All the people in my class went to a restaurant together.
__________ in my class went to a restaurant together.
32) The restaurant is usually crowded because it’s so good.
It’s usually crowded because it’s __________ good restaurant.
33) It’s less crowded on weekdays.
It isn’t __________ crowded on weekdays.
34) The restaurant had a large garden at the back.
__________ a large garden at the back of the restaurant.
35) Before choosing our food, we asked the waiter’s advice.
We asked the waiter’s advice, then __________ our food.
36) The waiter recommended a fish dish.
The waiter said, “If I __________ you, I’d have the fish dish.
37) The service charge wasn’t included in the bill.
The bill __________ the service charge.
38) The ring I bought was more expensive than the others in the shop.
I bought __________ ring in the shop.
39) The moon is smaller than the earth.
The moon is not __________ the earth.
40) My brother is shorter than all the other boys in his class.
My brother is __________ in his class.
41) Sailing is less tiring than windsurfing.
Sailing is not __________ windsurfing.
42) Children are given a quiz when they arrive at the museum.
The museum __________ children a quiz when they arrive.
43) I am driven to school every day by my father.
My father __________ to school every day.
44) I have never lived in a flat before.
This is the first time I __________ in a flat.
45) My new flat is near the station.
My new flat is not __________ the station.
46) The flat is smaller than my old one.
The flat is not __________ my old one.
47) I moved into this flat three weeks ago.
I __________ this flat for three weeks.
48) The flat has one bedroom.
There __________ one bedroom in the flat.
49) From my window, I have a lovely view.
From my window, the view __________ lovely.
50) From this flat, my journey to work is very short.
I get to work very __________ from this flat.
51) Tickets are sold at the box office until 8pm.
The box office __________ tickets until 8pm.
52) There was such a tall man in front of me that I couldn’t see very well.
The man in front of me was __________ that I couldn’t see very well.
53) The orchestra played too softly so it was difficult to hear the music.
The orchestra didn’t play __________ so it was difficult to hear the music.
54) Some of the performers were very good dancers indeed.
Some of the performers danced very __________ indeed.
55) We should go to musicals more often.
We ought __________ to musicals more often.
56) She said, “Please lend me some money, Bill.”
She asked Bill __________ some money.
57) “Don’t put anything on my desk, Susan,” said Derek.
Derek told Susan __________ anything on his desk.
58) “Can you phone the bank please, Mrs Jones?” said the accountant.
The accountant asked Mrs Jones __________ the bank.
59) “Please don’t touch my computer Adam,” I said.
I asked Adam __________ touch my computer.
60) The manager said “Don’t go into my office, Jenny.”
The manager told Jenny __________ into his office.”
61) “Please tidy all the shelves, Helen,” said Jasper.
Jasper asked Helen __________ all the shelves.
62) “Mike, give me my jacket,” said Dave.
Dave asked Mike __________ his jacket.
SOLUZIONI QUI SOTTO
3) bigger than
5) not go
6) haven’t / have never
7) to go
9) lent me
11) far from
15) want to
16) old enough
17) a long film
20) This is / It is
21) by bus
22) remember to
23) have you got / do you have
25) too expensive
26) buy anything
29) we hurry
31) everyone / everybody
32) such a
33) as / so
34) There was
35) (we) chose
37) didn’t / did not include
38) the most expensive
39) as big as
40) the shortest boy
41) as tiring as
43) drives me
44) have lived in
45) far from
46) as big as
47) have been in / have lived in
52) so tall
53) loudly enough
55) to go
56) to lend her
57) not to put
58) to phone
59) not to
60) not to go
61) to tidy
62) to give him
Your comments are always very welcome.